Everest Base Camp Trek -18 days
It will give us enormous pleasure to introduce you to an astounding view of the world’s highest peak. Perhaps in viewing Everest in this way, you will be fulfilling a long held desire. Certainly you will never be quite the same again.
Ever since the days of early climbing expeditions, this 8,848m mountain has had a lure of its own, drawing climbers to scale it and trekkers to gaze on its icy faces. It easy to see why the trek to the base camp of Mount Everest has become one of the most popular routes in Nepal.
We start our trek from Lukla after a 30 minute flight from Kathmandu. When we land at that tiny airstrip, the adventure really begins. During trekking, we spend several days moving through the homelands of the Sherpa people, and will see Buddhist monasteries and close up views of Mt. Everest and neighboring Ama Dablam, considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal. We spend 2 nights at Namche Bazaar, the bustling market town in the heart of Sherpa country, and at Pheriche see a cluster of houses set among the high summer grazing pastures of the region. We spend the time in Namche Bazaar exploring and acclimatizing, which is an important factor in your enjoyment of the trek. People who have fully acclimatized may trek to the Everest Base Camp but without doubt, for many people the main highlight will be the magnificent views which unfold from the summit of Kalapathar – the extradinary ice sculptures of the Khumbu Glacier, Nuptse and the south-west face of Everest itself.
Day 01: Your arrival to Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), you will be met by our Airport Representative, and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley (Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath, Swayambhu, and Kathmandu durbar square).
Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 03: Today early in the morning, we drive about 15 minutes to Tribhuwan International Airport. After 30 minutes scenic flight to Lukla (2804 mtrs.), we begin our trek to Phakding (2610 mtrs.) – 3 hours easy walking. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3535 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar.
This is a day for an acclimatization. We have a fine walk around the valley to adjust with thin air. Namche Bazaar is known as
the gateway of the Everest. We will take you to a museum too on the same day. There you can see the traditional custom of Sherpa peoples. Besides, a fine view of the Everest and other mountains can be overviewed from this place. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3850m).
By reaching Tengboche, we visit a monastery known as Tengboche monastery. Then you will be taken to observe the prayer ceremony whether in the evening or morning. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4350 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 08: Day trip to Chhukung valley and trek back to Dingboche.
Today you can enjoy another day for acclimatization. This day we will have trip to Chhukung valley, then we return to Dingboche in the evening. We will take you to Chhukung Ri (5546 mtrs) too. From there, we can observe a fifth highest mountain Makalu.
Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4950 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 10: Trek to Ghorakshep (5160 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base camp (5400 mtrs.) and return to Ghorakshep. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 12: Hiking to Kalapathar (5545mtrs.)
The day starts with a hike up to Kalapathar (5545 mtrs.), an excellent viewpoint to observe the Mount. Everest and innumerable spectacular mountains views. Then trek back to Pheriche (4280m). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 13: Trek to Khumjung Village (3753 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 14: Trek to Phakding (2610 mtrs.). Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 15: Trek to Lukla. Overnight at Guest House. B.L.D.
Day 16: Morning flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 17: Leisure day in Kathmandu (it’s also spare day incase of bad weather in Lukla). Overnight at hotel. B.B.
Day 18: Transfer to Airport for your home departure. Farewell!!
Note: B.B> Bed and Breakfast, B.L.D> Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- 4 nights? accommodation with breakfast at in Kathmandu as per above program.
- Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide, car / van.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
- 13 nights twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation in the mountain.
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal).
- Round Trip flight to & from Lukla & Domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla.
- First Aid medical kit.
- Sagarmatha National Park permits.
- Duffle bag to each client (if needed)
- Government taxes.
- Office Service charge.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu.
- Items of a personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, and internet.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver..