Mera Peak 6476m -21 days
The bulk of Mera, officially the highest of Nepal’s permitted trekking peaks, ries to the south of Everest and dominates the watershed between the wild and heavily woded valleys of the Hinku and Hongu Drangkas . Mera (Peak) is a chance to venture into a little visited and as yet unspoilt region of Nepal where the hillsides are still densely forested and a need to be self-sufficient is essential. There is also, of course, the pleasure of going above 21,000 feet.·Both the Hongu and Hinku valleys remain uninhabited although there are Kharka in the Upper Hinku basin where Sherpa from the South, near Pangkongma, graze their animals during the grass- growing monsoon. The upper Hongu Basin is truly a mountain wilderness, a place of massive moraines, glacial lakes and spectacular peaks that include Charmlang and Baruntse.
Additionally, it offers some of the most spectacular mountain scenery, pristine forest, and high altitude climbing in the world. We start this climb with a hair-raising flight into the small town of Lukla at 2,800 m (9,184 ft). From there it is a six-day trek, with plenty of acclimatization days to keep us healthy at our ever-increasing altitude, through some of Nepal’s most pristine Rhododendron, oak, silver fir and birch forests, past beautiful alpine lakes, and finally up to the foot of Mera Glacier where well establish base camp. We will set up two more high camps, the first over 300 m above B.C. on the Mera Glacier, and the second after we cross the Mera crevasse field at 5,800 m. From here it is a steady and steep climb to reach the summit, with awe-inspiring views of Kanchenjunga and Makalu to the east, Everest and Lhotse to the north, and Ama Dablam and Cho Oyu to the west.
Itinerary in Details
Day 01 Arrival at Kathmandu.
Day 02 Stay in Kathmandu for the official procedure
Day 03 Fly to Lukla
Day 04 Trek to Chuthanga
Day 05 Trek to Chetarbu Kharka
Day 06 Trek to Kothe, forest Camp
Day 07 Trek to Thangnak
Day 08 Acclimatization at Thangnak
Day 09 Trek to Khahare
Day 10 Rest at Khahare
Day 11 Trek to Mera high camp
Day 12 Summit to Mera Peak
Day 13 Extra summit day
Day 14 Trek back to Thnagnak
Day 15 Trek to Tashing Dingma
Day 16 Trek to Chetava Kharka
Day 17 Trek to Chuthangma
Day 18 Trek to Lukla
Day 19 Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 20 Rest day at Kathmandu
Day 21 Departure on your destination
- Airport Pick up and drop by Car.
- Two night?s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at 4 stars hotel on BB plan on the arrival day and trekking ending day in Kathmandu.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner with Tea & coffee from day 01 to day 19 and breakfast and lunch on day 20 as per above programs.
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple,banana and grape etc.
- Private room during the trekking.
- Trekking map for Everest area.
- Domestic flight tickets from Kathmandu/
- Lukla/ Kathmandu.
- Domestic airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter and theirs’ food, drinks, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax etc.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Warm sleeping bag, warm down jacket and walking stick, if necessary.
- Everest national park entry permits.
- All necessary camping gears like two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, kitchen equipment, chairs and table, mattress, sleeping bag, down jacket, walking stick.
- Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, climbing rope.
- Climbing peak permit.
- All government taxes.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 15
- – US$ 20 per day.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fare to Nepal.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu.
- Departure Airport Tax in Nepal approx.
- US$ 24.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments. (Lock caravina, unlock caravina, boots, crampons, gaiters, Harness belt, Joomer, eight finger, safety rope, Helmet.),Tips for trekking staffs, driver etc.
- Personal equipment for climbing.