Island Peak 6189M -21 days
This peak offers an enjoyable climb the peak, also provides some of the most striking scenery in the Khumbu. If the peak can be likened to an Island in a glacial sea, than the main land forms a semicircle of cliffs that rise in the north to the rugged summit of Nuptse ( 7879m/ 25850ft ), Lhotse ( 9501m/27870ft), Lhotse middle peak( 8410m/ 27590ft), as yet still unclimbed and Lhotse Shar ( 8383m/ 27503ft ). To the east, rising above the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar glacier, is Cho polu( 6734m/ 22093ft ), beyond which can be seen the red granite mass of Makalu ( 8475m/ 27805ft). To the south of the Imja glacier and icy flutings of Baruntse (7720m/ 25328ft) and the Amphu peaks lead the eye to the lofty pinnacle of Ama Dablam ( 6856m/ 22493ft ), which is liked a giant sea ? stack guarding the entrance to the glacial bay in which Island peak stands.
Itinerary in Details :
Day 01: Katmandu (1310m/4298ft). Our airport representative will be received you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. It is 7km and takes about 10 minutes. O/N at hotel, Welcome Dinner.
Day 02: An early morning to Lukla from Kathmandu and trek to Phakding. (2610mtrs/8563ft). Flight 30 minutes and walking 3 hours. O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft). walking 6 hours. O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazzar. walking 5 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day05: Trek to Tengboche(3860m/12664ft). walking 5 hours. O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche(4410m/14468ft). walking 5:30 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 07: Acclimatization day at Dingboche. Walking 4:25 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 08: Trek to Lobuje(4910m/16108ft). Walking 5:30 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 09:Trek to Gorak Shep (5153m/16906ft). Walking 3:30 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 10:Trek to Everest Base Camp (5363m/17595ft) and back to Gorekshep. Walking 5:30 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 11: Hiking up to Kalapathar(5545m/18192ft) and overnight at Dingboche(4410m/14468ft). Walking 6 hours, O/N at guest house, BB plan
Day 12: Dingboche to Island peak base camp( 5050m/15291ft) walking 6 hours, O/N at Tented camp, AP plan
Day 13:After breakfast transfer to the Airport for departure.
Day 14: One extra day. O/N at Tented camp, AP plan
Day 15:Summit (6189m/ 20305ft) and back to Island peak base camp. O/N at Tented camp, AP plan
Day 16:Island peak base camp to Lower Pangbuche( 3985m/12066ft). Walking 6 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 17:Lower Panbuche to Namche (3440m/11286ft). Walking 5:30 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 18:Namche to Phakding (2610mtrs/8563ft). Walking 5 hours, O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 19:Phakding to Lukla(2840m/9317ft). Walking to 3:30 O/N at guest house, AP plan
Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla. O/N at hotel, Farewell Dinner.
Day 21:Departure from Nepal Above itinerary can be designed along your preferences. Please, let us know whether you would like to make a shorter or longer.
Note: Island peak trip can be organized combine service tea- house + camping (tented camp). We stay in tea house in trekking and in tent while climbing
The cost for Island peak trip : Contact us
All the ground transportation by car
- Welcome dinner with typical Nepalese dance
- 2 nights 4 stars hotel in Katmandu on BB plan
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) in trekking
- Local fresh fruits like orange, apple, banana and grape etc.
- All accommodations during the treks
- Everest Trekking map.
- Both ways domestic flight tickets from Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu with airport tax.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter.
- Food, drinks, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Unique path’s sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits
- Travel & Rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers? Information Management System)
- Climbing permit.
- Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, climbing rope.
- Cargo charge gears
- All government taxes.
Meals whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara( Approx. US$ 10 – US$ 12 per day)
- Your Travel insurance. : : International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 30 (duration 60 days from date of issue) you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu. You will require 2 passport size photos
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipments. (Lock caravina, unlock caravina, boots, crampons, gaiters, Harness belt, Joomer, eight finger, safety rope, Helmet.),
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected).